The land where the Old Swedes Church now sits in Wilmington, Delaware was donated by April’s 8th-great-grandfather, (John Stalcop) around 1697. He and his wife received one pew after the church was consecrated.
The planks and logs for the pulpit were donated by parishioners and it is currently the oldest known pulpit in the USA. The altar candles were given by the King of Sweden in 1988.
Previously a Lutheran church, it is now home to an Episcopalian congregation.